Thursday, May 16, 2013

My favorite tagline

Taglines contribute immensely to place a brand or product in its current position. With the increasing competition, taglines have become a major tool for brand recall to the customers.

Many brands have successfully ruled over the minds of the Indian customers through their taglines. For example:-
Raymond- The complete man
Amul butter- Utterly, butterly delicious
Master Card- There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there's MasterCard.
Onida- Neighbor's envy, owner's pride
L'Oreal- Because I am worth it
Mc Donald's- I'm lovin it
Nike- Just Do it
Nokia- Connecting people
Mountain Dew- Darr ke age jeet hai
Parle G- G for genius
Surf- Daag achche hain
Idea- An idea can change your life
Maggi- Taste bhi, health bhi
The list would simply go on.....

Few taglines focus on the user of the product or service. Others focus on the experience or benefits of using a particular product or service. What I find best among these are the inspirational taglines, especially the one of Mountain Dew- Darr ke age jeet hai.

This one has inspired my thoughts positively. And if you think philosophically, its so true. Darr ke gae jeet hai. Fear is the only enemy of a man. If he overcomes the fear, he wins. This surely is the best advertising tagline currently and definitely my favorite. A big thumps up for Mountain Dew (which I never drink, but I never miss out its ad) for inspiring people like me to stop fearing because darr ke age jeet hai.

3 comments:

  1. I always like ads.All the vodafone ads are my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sach hai.. Darr ke age jeet hai. One has to believe he/she can win and surpass the darr

    Kshama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sach hai.. Darr ke age jeet hai. One has to believe he/she can win and surpass the darr

    Kshama

    ReplyDelete

Changing Definitions of Womanhood

My husband’s post-Diwali leave ended by watching Jhimma 2, a Marathi movie with my in-laws. In-laws, technically yes, but have spent more of...