Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Every child is different

First child is always an experiment- everything from his/her food, clothes, admission, school, books, study, discipline. By the time second grows up, we are already aware of the rules of the game. That's what even I thought. But, I forgot something. Every child is different. So is my second one. The one who made me unlearn every rule I learnt the first time!

My innocent first one would come and do yoga beside me whenever I used to. She learned all the surya namaskar poses by two years of age. The second one could not see me in any asana pose. She would angrily push my legs when standing upright in Sarvangasana, giving a very jerky push to my neck. Worst, she would sit on my legs while doing Halasana. She wanted my entire attention. Now she is four and elder one seven, but she cannot tolerate the elder one in my arms for a few minutes also.

She is usually unfearful, bold, strong and at her creative best. After a good scolding for wasting water she says in her false angry voice-"Enough of you now. It's too much. I want to change my mother.". Zapped I was completely and full emotional for a few seconds. But then I realised she is just four. I have to grow up. Then I heard that again- without any emotions being associated with it, in fact, smiling, I said- "You have to talk to your father about it".

The other day I was teaching number names to the elder one. She comes and slowly says "Mumma, you know the spelling of eleven. It's, one-one". Again a masterstroke. Now I am used to such zappers often. Usually I have to be prepared to catch the ball from whichever direction its going to come.

The other day I was talking to my aunt about her. My aunt said "Yes, you all second ones are self made- original." We are usually bend upon making the first one better and the second one, suddenly one day you realise is grown up, doing pranks with the elder one. Or rather a step ahead of the elder one. Was it true for you too? Do share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Changing Definitions of Womanhood

My husband’s post-Diwali leave ended by watching Jhimma 2, a Marathi movie with my in-laws. In-laws, technically yes, but have spent more of...