Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Beauty comes from within

What did you apply on your face today? A sunscreen? Night cream? Anti-aging creams? Or natural face packs? Multani mitti? Aloe vera? Something that your grandmother used. What? What is your mantra for beautiful skin and hair?

For me- it's simple. Beauty comes from within. I had this assumption 10 years ago. And because of few experiences I still stick to it.

Parlor was always doing threading and waxing. Never anything beyond that. At 25 when I got married, the makeup lady was surprised that I didn't do any facial till then. I had an OK skin- not flawless but yes not many pimples etc. Before getting married, I had done only one thing religiously and that is meditation.

Meditation, if done in a proper way and regularly can alter our entire makeup of mind. If we are resolved at our intellectual level, it escalates to our entire being. We tend to make choices that keep the inner balance of ours intact.

There are different ways and methods of doing meditation. We must find out what suits us best.

Meditation requires effortless sitting still at one place. If we cannot do it effortlessly, what is recommended is yoga asanas. To bring the body to the required balanced stage where we can focus on mind and then gradually something beyond it.

Its beautiful even if we just reach that stage for a few seconds. Its worth every try. And that according to me is true and everlasting beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Changing Definitions of Womanhood

My husband’s post-Diwali leave ended by watching Jhimma 2, a Marathi movie with my in-laws. In-laws, technically yes, but have spent more of...