Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Fear of following news

We once had an opportunity to shift to New Delhi. Thank God, we didn't go that way. The rape cases in New Delhi are horrifying. I am not saying we live at a safest place on the earth but at least this place is not that bad. 

After reading the newspaper that day I puked. It's natural in pregnancy. But it was not the usual throwing up. It came out because I got a lump in my stomach after reading the news. Five years old girl, brutally treated and raped. Well, that girl must be just two years elder to my daughter. This thought almost made me shiver and throw up.

Two days I tried to follow the updates of the happening, just like that. But not without that lump in my stomach. Lying on the sofa, I was playing mind games. Why did this happen? Will the girl ever overcome the thought of the world she has seen? Will her parents feel safe whenever she plays out? etc. etc. 

My doubts and fears increased till I was bent upon following the proceedings. The sole listener to my anxieties, my husband, then told me to stop reading about it. He felt bad too. He followed news too. But he was concerned about the harm that news is doing to my health right now. So, here I am writing my blog and not really following the news. Well, he was correct. I have to be selfish, so that the growing child in me sees that the world is worth living for. 



2 comments:

  1. Our media covers negative news,unlike other countries. In Israel, they face bomb almost daily however their media always has positive news. here is a website which gives you positive news of India, http://www.thebetterindia.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey will definitely visit the site... there's another news website for not taking any news seriously... fakingnews.com. its really awesome.

      Delete

Changing Definitions of Womanhood

My husband’s post-Diwali leave ended by watching Jhimma 2, a Marathi movie with my in-laws. In-laws, technically yes, but have spent more of...