Saturday, August 24, 2019

The Lateral Shift

Off late, I have stopped believing in the concept of purity. Concept? Due to certain experiences with-in and with-out myself, I have started thinking that purity is simply an unattainable quality, a concept which was created purely to give us some aim. 

Anything that is manifested has to be of Satva, Raja and Tama. Can there be anything made of total Satva? Is there anything like that? These thoughts kept on perplexing me as I went through the routine life in search of Satva. 

And off late I have been totally off track! Because the very Satva I was chasing has turned out to be a mere concept. And my whole belief system has been shaken to positively take a more practical and perfect view of things from where I see. I didn't realise when the purity or Satva was taken over by a more complete quality of BALANCE! 

And trust me the journey in search of balance is different from the journey in search of purity. 

While in search of Satva everywhere I was constantly searching for Rajas and Tamas; and looking for ways in which they can be converted into Satva. And trust me its VERY TOUGH. And not an exaggeration if I say, its impossible. 
For e.g.- in search of Satvic diet. For a householder with a family of kids, elders, a huge set of friends and relatives, its impossible to maintain a satvic diet in today's times. But yes a balanced diet seems to be more relatable. 

In this journey, I thought that motherhood and God were also pure and Satvic. This belief of mine has also altered for good. God is perfect- a perfect being, a perfect mathematician, a perfect calculator, a perfect doer, a perfect balance of Satva, Raja and Tama, a perfect balance! Motherhood, on the other hand, is a perfect feeling but since mothers are humans it doesn't become total Satva. 

This new journey in search of balance is more of internal balance which beautifully manifests externally and spreads. This will probably be more of the intentions, paths and attitude rather than of perfection of some work which is temporary.

Multiple thoughts have been changing due to this lateral shift. The very chemistry of my brain is changing. But practically I feel this new journey is not going to be as tough as the previous one. Essentially because its natural! 

I simply have to keep my mind silent and embark on the new path. And somewhere I can see- its there, waiting- a perfect balanced state for us to reach! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Changing Definitions of Womanhood

My husband’s post-Diwali leave ended by watching Jhimma 2, a Marathi movie with my in-laws. In-laws, technically yes, but have spent more of...