Sunday, January 5, 2020

True Karma Yogis


Patriotism has always attracted me. Since, may be school days, or it must simply be in my blood. My grandfather was a freedom fighter. But the meaning and significance of his struggle I can understand now.

Now!! You must be wondering what has suddenly happened to make me sensitive towards the nation? Nothing particular actually. Just little awareness that has made me look beyond myself.

In today’s time, the profession defines you. And when I started looking around for selflessness in professions, the first thing that struck me was the profession of SOLDIERS! The selfless job of soldiers and the selflessness of their families will always be unmatched!

The next question is, where does this selflessness come from? Self-less attitude or not thinking much about ‘me and mine’ is easier when you have something else. Something more important to think about, some higher purpose to seek, something to love truly, deeply and madly.

You imagine how deep must be a soldier’s love for his country that he is ready to sacrifice his body also for it. No wonder, soldiers who die on the battlefield are bid adieu with lots of respect in India!

Let’s pledge to learn this one thing from our soldier brothers today! Let us seek some higher purpose than simply earning in our lives. Let us make a small difference in a small part of our country. Let us try to be self-less and make India a nation of true karma yogis!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Changing Definitions of Womanhood

My husband’s post-Diwali leave ended by watching Jhimma 2, a Marathi movie with my in-laws. In-laws, technically yes, but have spent more of...